My dear girlfriend told me that coping with heartache is all about distraction. She's advised me to get out there and have fun... find someone who will make me feel good about myself, make me feel wanted, make me feel attractive, make me feel sexy. Essentially, she thinks I need my ego stroked in order to help cope with the heartache. It won't make the pain go away, but it will dull it - at least temporarily.
So I've decided to take her advice. There are two new dominant men on the radar. I haven't met either yet, but we've been corresponding electronically - via emails and live chat through messenger.
- about 15 years my senior
- currently lives about 5 hours away, but is considering relocating to my city for career advancement purposes.
- no children
- I'm not sure I'm physically attracted to him - I'll have to judge that in person
- only about two years my senior (that's a little young for my taste)
- relatively local (he lives about an hour away)
- I'm definitely physically attracted to him
Mr D plans to visit some family in my area next week. We will meet during that time - a platonic meeting just to gage our chemistry. We'll see how that goes.
I only started communicating with Mr M a few days ago. I know little about him and I'm not sure when we'll meet. No plans have been set yet. We'll see how that goes.
The distraction feels good while I'm being distracted, but I still think very much about the one who I thought would change my life (he was Mr J.R.). I still hurt and am still terribly confused about what happened. I don't know when I'll be able to let that go.